Saturday, January 2, 2010

day 2



in the most detailed dream i've had SO FAR THIS YEAR,
my niece and nephews got a game while they were staying with my family. they opened the box and placed a pillar with an apple on top on my window seat in my bedroom.
the point of the game was... a ghost would come and take the apple, and then hide it somewhere and you had to find it. sometimes the ghost would leave something in its place, like a teacup or a pizza.
the kids would take turns finding the apple and putting it back.
it disturbed me so much to know that a ghost was in my room that i couldn't sleep at night, i would just wait and watch the apple to see if it moved. watching it seemed to prevent the ghost from moving it. i thought about switching rooms and sleeping somewhere else, but then there were hidden rules to the game like it had to happen in the same room and with the same person that it started with.
i woke up from the dream and lay awake wondering when the ghost was coming for a few minutes before realizing it wasn't actually happening.
there was no game, my niece and nephews had gone back to wisconsin, and there are no ghosts in my room.
but when i finally fell back asleep, i kept dreaming about the apple.
straaaange
(i'm so fascinated by the potential after-life.
and i miss the rest of my family being in shreveport)

No comments:

Post a Comment