Thursday, June 3, 2010

day 153





greetings from starbucks in waukesha!
i had to come here to use the internet and luckily there's one very close to my grandma's house
(*$ taking over the world)
i just took this picture of myself in the lobby. i don't think anyone around me noticed.
yesterday i went to my cousin's house to hang out in her zoo (donkey picture ^^^^) and also meet my tiny new cousin luna!
she's adorable and slightly resembles a cabbage-patch doll.

staying in waukesha has been interesting.
my grandma, in her 97 years of age, has VERY selective hearing. when i first arrived (two days ago) i spent approximately 10 minutes explaining how our trip went, what we did in madison, etc.
then, she paused and said "i didn't hear a damn word you just said."
i've been conditioned to just not speak to her at all, because by the third time you repeat yourself, the words have lost any emotion that they might have once held.

generally, she seems very confused.
to demonstrate, here are some sample conversations::

grandma: you should see the size of that baby's legs! *indicates short distance with hands*
mom: i thought it was a really long baby
grandma: it is long, mary

and

where's that hanging basket?
i didn't buy a hanging basket mary!
you told me you bought a hanging basket from joan
i did, mary!

i'm really looking forward to a day-trip with my mom, grandma, and aunt donna to the mustard museum (yes, seriously).
my grandma and aunt donna do not, have never, and never will get along. they've both already threatened to not go if the other one goes.

okay i'm done with my tall soy no-water chai in a for-here mug.
i think i'll spend a few minutes looking up elephant skin disease and where to find kiehl's products in milwaukee, and i'll be returning to bluebird terrace shortly.
i'll try to not go more than two days without updating because then i forget what happens and don't feel like doing it and not finishing this 365 day project would be the ultimate failure


+++++
I FORGOT THAT YESTERDAY I DYED MY HAIR. it's lighter and straight for the moment.






No comments:

Post a Comment