Friday, February 26, 2010

day 57


"the end of the gifts"
i am standing on the edge of a cliff
i balance carefully as my toes grip the sharp bones and rocks
i bend down to graze my fingers along them
i do not feel my fingers
the blood, now smeared across my translucent thighs,
glistens in the faint reminder of the sun
my eyes are fixated on the breathless waves,
and then,
my foreign limbs,
each outstretched in a final, hopeless reach towards daylight
i wipe the taste of winter from my lips,
and begin to throw my belongings into the atlantic ocean
where i once felt warm
and
whole
swarms of sealife dance below me,
now entangled in my colors
swans and jewels and coffee-scented dreams that once poisoned my skin
all robes and thrones wasted
and my soldier's heart that i kept long after its last beat
and
and
i turn,
paint myself with shades of former lovers,
and then,
i jump.



No comments:

Post a Comment