Monday, August 23, 2010

day 235


children of the 90s

FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL*
just had two classes today
GOT LOST on my way to my 2nd one. very fortunately noah was lost too and we found it together, so i didn't have to go sit in my car and cry.
then i had to go get art supplies which are too expaaaanzive for someone who's been unemployed all summer. so my mom had to buy them. luckily i've been working 39248719023 hours so i can pay her back soon

here's just a terrific page of first-day-of-school pictures from a scrapbook my sister made me:
i really hope you like my tazmanian devil high-tops in 3rd grade and my reflective pants in 7th grade. please click on it to view it larger, and then spend a considerable amount of time examining each one of these pictures. you won't regret your decision.

*if any of you are wondering, but lizzie, i thought you already had your college degree! why ever would you be in school? WELL, the thing is, i didn't decide what i wanted to do until my last semester of college, when i (sort of randomly) had the strong desire to be an art therapist. i finished my psychology degree but i have verrry little art background/training/talent/technique.. almost every graduate school i've looked at requires at least 18 art credits for an art therapy masters degree. i have 9, and this semester i'm getting 15 more. i am:
  • really really excited to be back at school
  • in way over my head
  • going to make allllll A's because somewhere between graduating college and now, i became a perfectionist who won't accept anything less without self-deprecating consequences.

No comments:

Post a Comment